Girl dies after kissing boyfriend ..

peanut-art

The mother of a young woman who died from an allergic reaction after kissing her boyfriend has spoken about the dangers of food allergies.

20-year-old Myriam Ducré-Lemay was at a party in Montreal back in 2012 with her new boyfriend when the incident occurred, her mother Micheline Ducré told Journal de Quebec.When the party ended, they both went back to the boyfriend’s house and while she was getting ready for bed, he ate a peanut butter sandwich. He then brushed his teeth however Myriam – who had not yet told him about her severe peanut allergy – went to kiss him when she began suffering a shortness of breath.

“She wouldn’t have had the time to tell him she had a peanut allergy,” her mother said.Sadly, her inhaler didn’t work and she didn’t have her EpiPen with her. Despite efforts made by paramedics, they were unable to save her. Now, her mother has warned others to carry a Medic Alert bracelet and always carry their EpiPen with them.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s