“Maryam” application is the newest controversial game, with a basic rhetoric of attempting to lead a lost girl back to her home by asking the player a series of personal questions based on psychological implications and fear factors.
Social experts have vociferously called for banning the interactive online game as they feel it can cause a damaging impact on the player. The game gathers personal information and this may result in an invasion of one’s privacy, the experts warn.
This brings back to minds the infamous suicide-enabling “Blue Whale” application, which cost many disturbed teenagers their lives worldwide.
#Philippines: Two fires hit residential areas in Malate and Tondo Manila Friday evening leaving two persons dead and hundreds homeless, Fire officials said more than 150 houses were damaged by the fire.
More than 16 million people have been affected by monsoon flooding across the South Asian countries of India, Nepal, and Bangladesh putting huge numbers at risk of disease, hunger, and death, more than 400 people have died in the three countries over the last seven days .
The State of Kuwait Embassy in Spain affirmed on Friday that all necessary measures had been taken to secure the Kuwaiti tourists and cater to their needs “since the moment the attack was launched in Barcelona.
The diplomatic team located 70 Kuwaiti tourists in the areas, surrounded by the government forces, and transferred them to a hotel in a secured area. Residency and meals’ costs were all at the expense of the diplomatic mission, the ambassador added.
There were no casualties among the Kuwaitis, except for a lady who fainted after seeing the horrific scene, he said, adding that he was assured about her condition after the incident.
Five terrorists wearing fake suicide belts have been shot dead by police after ramming civilians with a car in a Spanish seaside town in a second vehicle attack, as officials revealed they believe a gas canister atrocity was being planned. Seven people, including a police officer, were injured in Cambrils hours after a rampaging van driver left 13 people dead and more than 100 wounded around 70 miles away in Barcelona.
Kuwait Ambassador to Spain urged his compatriots to be cautious about their safety and avoid crowded areas in the wake of the deadly van attack in the heart of Barcelona, northeast Spain, on Thursday. Dr. Suleiman Al-Harbi called on the Kuwaiti tourists in the city to abide by the safety regulations issued by the local authorities. Al-Harbi advised the Kuwaiti nationals not to hesitate to seek help from the Embassy in case of emergency via the phone numbers: +34971777677 and +34913869666.