Two Filipino drivers died in their sleeping quarters at their job site in Najran province in southern Saudi Arabia, The blaze was believed to have been caused by faulty electrical wiring, The two fatalities were identified as Jessie Alata Pacetes and Reynaldo Barroga Castro, both heavy equipment drivers and operators employed by a major Saudi construction company that was working on a road project in Najran.
Manila: Secretary of Labor and Employment Silvestre Bello has just signed the order to totally lift deployment ban to Kuwait for skilled workers, professionals, household service workers, Bello said the President Duterte was impressed by the gesture of Kuwaiti Gov’t when they agreed to all conditions under the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) Between the Philippines and Kuwait.
Kuwait and PH inked on Friday the Agreement on the Employment of Domestic Workers between the Philippines and Kuwait, Among the provisions of the deal are the creation of a 24/7 hotline where Filipino workers may report abuses and a special police unit to respond to such complaints.
Manila earlier set the agreement with Kuwait as a condition for the termination of its deployment ban of OFW.
Kuwaiti Deputy Foreign Minister Khaled Al-Jarallah on Tuesday met with visiting Presidential Adviser on Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) Abdullah Mamao and his accompanying delegation.
During the meeting, they discussed the recent labor row between the State of Kuwait and the Philippines.
They stressed the depth of friendly relations between both sides, pointing to mutual willingness to promote and develop them, and to overcome the crisis for the common interest of both countries.
The meeting was attended by Assistant Foreign Minister for Asia Ambassador Ali Al-Said, Assistant Foreign Minister for Protocols Ambassador Dhari Al-Ajran, Assistant Foreign Minister for the Deputy Foreign Minister’s Office Ambassador Ayham Al-Omar and Kuwaiti Ambassador to the Philippines Musaed Al-Thuwaikh.
Kuwait on Saturday summoned the Philippines’ ambassador for the second time this week in protest over “inflammatory comments” he made to a local newspaper, said a foreign ministry source.
The Filipino envoy’s remarks, along with the “inappropriate behavior” of Manila’s diplomatic staff in Kuwait have been deemed a threat to Kuwait’s sovereignty, the source noted.
Kuwait had summoned the Filipino ambassador a day earlier in connection with scathing remarks by Filipino officials, in addition to misconduct on the part of the Philippines’ diplomatic staff in the Gulf state.
Meanwhile, Kuwaiti authorities have identified and tracked down three Filipino suspects who are believed to have helped a compatriot housemaid to escape from her sponsor’s home.
Na official source at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced that the ministry summoned on Friday ambassador the Philippines to Kuwait and handed him two protest notes.The source stated that the two protest notes are related to recent remarks of several Filipino officials which entailed serious offenses against the State of Kuwait and the actions made by some Philippine embassy’s employees in violation of the diplomatic norms governing the relations of the two countries as per the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations.The source expressed regret over such practices which could harm the friendship relations between the two countries.
Kuwait: Philippine Ambassador to Kuwait Renato Villa announced that more than 6651 overstaying Filipinos in Kuwait have only 6 days left to register for the amnesty program extended by the MOI, Villa warned that those who fail to register for the amnesty face arrest, fine, and a lifetime ban in Kuwait, about 4100 Filipinos have already been repatriated, he said, the April 12 deadline set by the embassy is necessary to meet the April 22 deadline given by Kuwait.